A simple meal for warm weather during the fall season. Hearty bacon mixed with in-season brussel sprouts and cheese makes this dish light but fulfilling. This dish can be served heated or chilled, making it great for the “in-between” Louisiana weather.
Also makes a great side dish for family get togethers!
40 minutes | 4-6 Servings
- Ingredients for Bacon and Brussel Pasta Salad
- Directions for Bacon and Brussel Pasta Salad
- About Dagostino Pasta
Ingredients for Bacon and Brussel Pasta Salad
16 ounces of Brussel Sprouts, quartered
8 ounces of fresh baby spinach
1 pound of thick-cut bacon, cut into quarter-sized pieces
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan
1 green onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
2 cups reserved pasta water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Directions for Bacon and Brussel Pasta Salad
- Preheat your oven to 425° F and bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta. When the water is boiling, salt well — like the sea.
- Toss brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper until fully coated.
- Evenly place brussel sprouts on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- As brussel sprouts roast, place bacon into a deep pan or skillet on high heat and cook bacon until crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach and green onion to the pan and cook with bacon until the spinach is wilted. Once wilted, lower heat and add Italian seasoning.
- Meanwhile, drop the Dagostino Fleur De Lis Pasta in the salted boiling water. Before draining save 2 cups of water. Cook pasta for 6 minutes to al dente (still firm when bitten).
- Add brussel sprouts, pasta, and parmesan cheese to the spinach mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Slowly stir in the pasta water. We used about 1.5 cups of pasta water, but you can use more or less to achieve your desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Delicious served both heated or chilled.
Buon Appetito! Enjoy your homemade Bacon and Brussel Pasta Salad with Dagostino Fleur de Lis Pasta
About Dagostino Handmade Pasta
From Lemons to Premium Pasta...
Our founders, the Fresina Family, were some of the original lemon farmers in Sicily during the early 19th century. During that time, Sicilians created settlements in New Orleans as citrus traders and brought pasta with them on their voyage. The Fresina Family felt right at home in Louisiana which led to The Fresina Macaroni Manufacturing Company being born in 1926. This began the foundation of 3 generations of hard-work and implementing traditional Italian methods to create handmade pasta that is now Dagostino Pasta.
We continue to stick to our Italian roots by producing our pasta the old-fashioned way right here in New Orleans. Our centuries-old delicate method consists of small quantities of pure semolina pasta cut through bronze, carefully looped over wooden rods, straightened and the air-dried in wooden cellars. We are dedicated to preserving our family traditions and Italian customs for many more generations to come.
Every pure artisan pasta deserves to be paired with a delicious sauce. Dagostino has some of the most authentic sauces available outside of Italy. Our fresh herb and spice blend is unique, preservative free, and all handmade in small batches. We pride ourselves for our ingredients being all-natural and preservative free, providing you with premium artisan pasta and tasty sauces to enjoy.
You will experience our time-honored family treasure in every meal.