This easy and tasty recipe gives a good kick with some crushed red pepper. The shrimp and veggie of your choice make this a perfect light summer pasta dish.
20 minutes | Serves 4-6
- Ingredients for Easy Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti
- Directions for Easy Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti
- About Dagostino Pasta
Ingredients for Easy Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti
||2 tbl salted butter
1 lb peeled, deveined, and dried gulf shrimp
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Easy Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt well. Drop the Dagostino Spaghetti pasta in the boiling water and cook until al dente (around 5 minutes), then drain saving 1 cup of reserve water.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable, garlic, and as much crushed red pepper as you like, stirring occasionally until the vegetable is browned, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Add butter, once melted add the shrimp and cook stirring occasionally, until pink and just cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Return vegetable mixture to the pan with the shrimp, add half of the parmesan and 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water.
- Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Add spaghetti and toss until everything is thoroughly combined. TIP: If needed stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in sauce.
- Serve pasta with the remaining parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Buon Appetito! Enjoy our Easy Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe
About Dagostino Handmade Pasta
From Lemons to Premium Pasta...
Our founders, the Fresina Family, were some of the original lemon farmers in Sicily during the early 19th century. During that time, Sicilians created settlements in New Orleans as citrus traders and brought pasta with them on their voyage. The Fresina Family felt right at home in Louisiana which led to The Fresina Macaroni Manufacturing Company being born in 1926. This began the foundation of 3 generations of hard-work and implementing traditional Italian methods to create handmade pasta that is now Dagostino Pasta.
We continue to stick to our Italian roots by producing our pasta the old-fashioned way right here in Baton Rouge. Our centuries-old delicate method consists of small quantities of pure semolina pasta cut through bronze, carefully looped over wooden rods, straightened and the air-dried in wooden cellars. We are dedicated to preserving our family traditions and Italian customs for many more generations to come.
Every pure artisan pasta deserves to be paired with a delicious sauce. Dagostino has some of the most authentic sauces available outside of Italy. Our fresh herb and spice blend is unique, preservative free, and all handmade in small batches. We pride ourselves for our ingredients being all-natural and preservative free, providing you with premium artisan pasta and tasty sauces to enjoy.
You will experience our time-honored family treasure in every meal.