Want to find an easy dish that will make getting the kids to eat their veggies easy? Look no further.
We love this recipe because the unique shape of our Dagostino Shells soak up this delicate sauce and as a HUGE plus - it is so easy and the sauce can be made in one pot under 30 minutes.
20 minutes | Serves 6-8
- Ingredients for Conchiglie Shell Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
- Directions for Conchiglie Shell Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
- About Dagostino Pasta
Ingredients for Conchiglie Shell Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
1 lb Dagostino Shells
1 bunch of fresh sage, sliced
1 lb sweet or spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbl rice vinegar
1 lb broccoli florets, cut to large bite sized pieces
1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
Directions for Conchiglie Shell Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
- Fill a medium pot 3/4 of the way up with well salted water; cover and heat to boiling on high.
- In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the sage leaves in an even layer. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until dark green and crispy.
- Leaving the oil in the pan, carefully transfer the fried sage leaves to a paper towel-lined plate. Immediately season with salt.
- Heat the pan of sage oil and add the sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking the meat apart with a spoon until browned. Add the garlic, red pepper, and shallot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes, or until softened and the sausage is cooked through. Add the vinegar and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until combined. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, add the Dagostino Shell Pasta to the pot of boiling water. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes. Add the broccoli florets. Continue to cook for 4 minutes. Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain thoroughly.
- Add the cooked pasta and broccoli to the sauce with half of the reserved cooking water. Cook on medium-high, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pasta is coated, add the rest of the pasta water based on preference.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the finished pasta garnished with the fried sage leaves and cheese.
Buon Appetito! Enjoy our Conchiglie Shell Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
About Dagostino Handmade Pasta
From Lemons to Premium Pasta...
Our founders, the Fresina Family, were some of the original lemon farmers in Sicily during the early 19th century. During that time, Sicilians created settlements in New Orleans as citrus traders and brought pasta with them on their voyage. The Fresina Family felt right at home in Louisiana which led to The Fresina Macaroni Manufacturing Company being born in 1926. This began the foundation of 3 generations of hard-work and implementing traditional Italian methods to create handmade pasta that is now Dagostino Pasta.
We continue to stick to our Italian roots by producing our pasta the old-fashioned way right here in Baton Rouge. Our centuries-old delicate method consists of small quantities of pure semolina pasta cut through bronze, carefully looped over wooden rods, straightened and the air-dried in wooden cellars. We are dedicated to preserving our family traditions and Italian customs for many more generations to come.
Every pure artisan pasta deserves to be paired with a delicious sauce. Dagostino has some of the most authentic sauces available outside of Italy. Our fresh herb and spice blend is unique, preservative free, and all handmade in small batches. We pride ourselves for our ingredients being all-natural and preservative free, providing you with premium artisan pasta and tasty sauces to enjoy.
You will experience our time-honored family treasure in every meal.