Craving some fresh veggies that your kids (might) actually eat?! This classic dish works because it is both healthy and tasty. Feel free to substitute the shrimp with a local spicy Italian sausage and just throw it on the grill. We recommend prepping vegetables earlier to make it a super easy meal.
1 hour 30 minutes | Serves 6-8
- Ingredients for One-Pot Gulf Shrimp Ratatouille Pasta
- Directions for One-Pot Gulf Shrimp Ratatouille Pasta
- About Dagostino Pasta
Ingredients for One-Pot Gulf Shrimp Ratatouille Pasta
6 tbl Dagostino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 lbs eggplant – large cubes
3/4 lbs zucchini – large cubes
3/4 lbs yellow squash – large cubes
1 yellow onion – diced
2 large garlic cloves – minced
2 sprigs thyme
1 bay leaf
1 lb tomatoes – large cubes
1 bell pepper – large cubes
2 lbs peeled and deveined gulf shrimp
1/4 cup basil – sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for One-Pot Gulf Shrimp Ratatouille Pasta
- Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a dutch oven and heat at medium to high heat until shimmering.
- Add in the eggplant and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Put eggplant into a bowl after cooking.
- Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in the dutch oven with zucchini, squash, and salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Put it into the bowl with the eggplant after cooking.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in the dutch oven with the yellow onion, and salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, and thyme to the pot. After 30 seconds add the tomatoes and bell peppers as well as the bowl of vegetables.
- Turn it down to a simmer, add the shrimp and cook for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt. Drop the Dagostino pasta in the boiling water and cook until al dente (around 5 minutes). Serve ratatouille over pasta and enjoy!
Buon Appetito! Enjoy our One-Pot Gulf Shrimp Ratatouille Pasta Recipe
About Dagostino Handmade Pasta
From Lemons to Premium Pasta...
Our founders, the Fresina Family, were some of the original lemon farmers in Sicily during the early 19th century. During that time, Sicilians created settlements in New Orleans as citrus traders and brought pasta with them on their voyage. The Fresina Family felt right at home in Louisiana which led to The Fresina Macaroni Manufacturing Company being born in 1926. This began the foundation of 3 generations of hard-work and implementing traditional Italian methods to create handmade pasta that is now Dagostino Pasta.
We continue to stick to our Italian roots by producing our pasta the old-fashioned way right here in New Orleans. Our centuries-old delicate method consists of small quantities of pure semolina pasta cut through bronze, carefully looped over wooden rods, straightened and the air-dried in wooden cellars. We are dedicated to preserving our family traditions and Italian customs for many more generations to come.
Every pure artisan pasta deserves to be paired with a delicious sauce. Dagostino has some of the most authentic sauces available outside of Italy. Our fresh herb and spice blend is unique, preservative free, and all handmade in small batches. We pride ourselves for our ingredients being all-natural and preservative free, providing you with premium artisan pasta and tasty sauces to enjoy.
You will experience our time-honored family treasure in every meal.