This recipe is a great and hearty dinner made without meat!
Earthy and savory dried mushrooms and tomato sauce highlight the ribbon shaped Mafaldine and it’s ruffled edges.
Fun fact: Mafaldine pasta was named after princess Mafalda of Savoy!
30 minutes | Serves 2-4
Photograph by Ralph Smith and Food Network
Ingredients for Mushroom Ragu with Mafaldine
1 box Dagostino Mafaldine
1/4 cup Dagostino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
12 oz finely chopped and dried Porcini
1 finely chopped Sweet Onion
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper
Directions for Mushroom Ragu with Mafaldine
- Pour olive oil over medium high heat in a 12 inch saucepan.
- Add sweet onion and Saute for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add chopped Porcini to the saucepan.
- Saute mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes
- Let cook, stirring in wine, Dagostino’s Tomato Sauce, and butter to sauce pan
- Reduce heat to a medium and let mixture cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook Mafaldine according to the package, or until al dente.
- Toss Mafaldine in the ragu over high for 1 minute.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Buon Appetito! Enjoy our Mushroom Ragu with Mafaldine pasta Recipe
- Mixed Mushrooms and Wild mushrooms create a lot of texture in this dish!
- Substitute white wine for chicken broth for an alcohol-free dish.
- Not any type of pasta compliments this dish, we recommend Mafaldine or Fettuccine.
About Dagostino Handmade Pasta
From Lemons to Premium Pasta...
Our founders, the Fresina Family, were some of the original lemon farmers in Sicily during the early 19th century. During that time, Sicilians created settlements in New Orleans as citrus traders and brought pasta with them on their voyage. The Fresina Family felt right at home in Louisiana which led to The Fresina Macaroni Manufacturing Company being born in 1926. This began the foundation of 3 generations of hard-work and implementing traditional Italian methods to create handmade pasta that is now Dagostino Pasta.
We continue to stick to our Italian roots by producing our pasta the old-fashioned way right here in New Orleans. Our centuries-old delicate method consists of small quantities of pure semolina pasta cut through bronze, carefully looped over wooden rods, straightened and the air-dried in wooden cellars. We are dedicated to preserving our family traditions and Italian customs for many more generations to come.
Every pure artisan pasta deserves to be paired with a delicious sauce. Dagostino has some of the most authentic sauces available outside of Italy. Our fresh herb and spice blend is unique, preservative free, and all handmade in small batches. We pride ourselves for our ingredients being all-natural and preservative free, providing you with premium artisan pasta and tasty sauces to enjoy.
You will experience our time-honored family treasure in every meal.