Looking for an easy healthy pasta recipe? This vegetarian pasta recipe is not only really tasty but takes less than 20 minutes with minimal prep time and is dairy free as well. We had a hard time finding enough of the coveted oyster mushrooms so we mixed in baby bellas to get to our 16oz of mushrooms for this healthy recipe.
We loved this pasta dish because it is hearty and lightweight at the same time with nice texture complexities. The Dagostino Fettuccine Pasta worked perfectly by capturing the smooth sauce. We used a pasta ladle to serve the pasta and then topped with the additional vegetables.
20 minutes | Serves 6
- About Fettuccine Pasta
- Ingredients for Easy Fettuccine Pasta with Arugula and Mushrooms
- Directions for Easy Fettuccine Pasta with Arugula and Mushrooms
- About Dagostino Pasta
About Fettuccine Pasta
A flat, thick, ribbon-shaped pasta. This pasta originates from Roman and Tuscan cuisine. Because it's a thicker pasta, it's best served with hearty meat or cream-based sauces. Fettuccine works best with smoother sauces, as chunks of meat or vegetables can become separated from the strands of pasta, rather than enjoyed with each bite.
Ingredients for Easy Fettuccine Pasta with Arugula and Mushrooms
12 Garlic cloves, sliced thin
½ cup Red Sweet Vermouth - if you cannot find, substitute with Marsala wine
4 tbl Unsalted butter
16 oz Oyster mushrooms, sliced thin - if you cannot find, substitute with baby bella
5 oz Baby arugula
¼ cup Pecorino cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Easy Fettuccine Pasta with Arugula and Mushrooms
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, salt well — like the sea, add the Dagostino Fettuccine Pasta, and cook for 4 minutes to al dente. Drain the pasta in a collider.
- In a large sauce sauce pan, add the olive oil and heat at a medium.
- Add the garlic and cook for 6-7 minutes until browned.
- Add the vermouth and bring to a boil.
- Add the butter and once melted add the mushrooms. Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until mushrooms have softened and released their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the Pecorino cheese and the Fettuccine to the mushroom sauce and heat over medium for 1 minute.
- Add the arugula and toss for 30 seconds or until it becomes wilted.
- Add to a bowl and serve with additional Pecorino cheese on top.
Buon Appetito! Enjoy your Easy Fettuccine Pasta with Arugula and Mushrooms.
About Dagostino Handmade Pasta
From Lemons to Premium Pasta
Our story started with lemon farmers in Sicily. In the early 19th century lemons would go on long voyages from Sicily to New Orleans, usually taking around 100 days. These Sicilians would create settlements in New Orleans and with them came pasta.
The Fresina Family, our founders, were some of these original lemon farmers and started creating handmade pasta in New Orleans in 1926. Since then, the D’Agostino and Hayward families have continued their tradition of creating premium handmade pasta using pure semolina flour and water then cutting the pasta through bronze dies and air-drying in wooden cellars.
Our pasta is still made the old-fashioned way, in our pasta factory, using the “delicate” method developed centuries ago. Small quantities of pasta are extruded through bronze, carefully looped over wooden rods, straightened, and then air-dried in wooden cellars. Celebrated for its delicate texture and classic flavor, our pasta is handmade, all-natural, and preservative free, producing the best tasting pasta available on the market today.
Our sauces are some of the most authentic sauces available outside of Italy. The sauces are handmade in small batches with a unique blend of fresh herbs and spices. Made without preservatives, each batch is carefully examined by our chefs and food scientists to ensure our sauces are the best tasting on the market.
You will experience our time honored family treasure in every meal.