Boudreaux's Backyard Indulged in this creamy mushroom and crawfish pasta and described it like a dream come true! Made with shiitake and baby portobello mushrooms to give that umami flavor and of course loads of crawfish tails, this pasta creation is nothing short of amazing!
Made with Dagostino crawfish shaped pasta. Hand crafted pasta made with water and 100% Semolina flour.
All credits to this recipe to Boudreaux's Backyard
- Boudreaux's Backyard Crawfish Pasta Ingredients
- Boudreaux's Backyard Crawfish Pasta Directions
- Boudreaux's Backyard Crawfish Pasta Video
Boudreaux's Backyard Crawfish Pasta Ingredients
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Bunch of Green Onions , Chopped
- 1/2 pack of Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pack of Baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 tbsp of Tomato paste
- 1/4 bottle of White Wine or Sherry
- 1 pt of Heavy Cream
- 1 lb. of Crawfish
- 1 package of Dagostino Crawfish Shaped pasta
- Parmesan as needed
Boudreaux's Backyard Crawfish Pasta Directions
- Cook Dagostino pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions or until al dente.
- Melt butter and cook onions and peppers until soft.
- Add in garlic, green onions and mushrooms. Cook until softened.
- Add flour to make a light roux.
- Add tomato paste, Rotel, wine and cream.
- Cook until sauce thickens and season to taste.
- Mix in crawfish tails with fat.
- Toss in pasta and coat.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan.
Boudreaux's Backyard Crawfish Pasta Video
Cook along with Boudreaux's Backyard recipe video HERE.
Protip: it’s important to ensure there is enough time for the alcohol to cook off in the sauce. When about half of the wine evaporates, the flavors of the sauce begin to concentrate to bring that delicious richness we aim for. Make sure the wine you are cooking with is room temperature.