We've all been there: it's been a long week at work and it's barely even halfway over yet. You've ordered takeout every night for dinner this week, and your body is begging you for a tasty home-cooked meal.
Eating a meal you prepared yourself with fresh and healthy ingredients can be so comforting for the body and soul.
Maybe you need a new recipe for your next date night in, or maybe you're looking to spice up your weeknight dinners for the family.
Whatever the occasion is, you've come to the right place. Keep reading for this delicious and cozy salmon pasta recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- Why You'll Love It
- Salmon Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- Helpful Notes and Tips
- Cooking with Pasta: Why You Should Use Handmade Pasta
- Dagostino Pasta: Bringing Families together
Why You'll Love It
This recipe is healthy, flavorful, comforting, and best of all, simple to make. You can also make it your own with any additional fresh ingredients you'd like.
The original recipe uses spinach, but you can feel free to add tomatoes, mushrooms, or any other vegetable you want for extra nutrition and flavor.
While it's healthy, it's also delicious. And even though it's easy to make, it can elevate any date night or weeknight dinner for the family.
If you have kids who are picky eaters, be sure to give this recipe a try. Salmon is a great way to get protein and other vitamins, and it is so flavorful in this dish.
You can also sneak some extra vegetables into their diet with the cooked spinach. It contains plenty of vitamins and minerals as well, and they may not even taste it!
Salmon Pasta Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients for this delicious seafood pasta are as follows:
- Your favorite Dagostino handmade pasta
- Salmon filet
- Dagostino’s Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you'd like
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
Helpful Notes and Tips
You can use any type of salmon that you like. Fresh salmon with the skin on is best, but skinless will also work. You can also cook the salmon ahead of time and add it in with the pasta and sauce later.
For the spinach, you can use fresh or frozen. If you use frozen, just be sure that it's fully thawed and that you get rid of all the excess water.
Handmade pasta is key to this recipe. Our Italian Classic Set is perfect for this seafood pasta recipe, but we also have many other pasta shapes that would work as well.
If you haven't ever tried handmade pasta before, be prepared to be amazed. You'll never want to go back to store-bought pasta again!
The only thing you shouldn't make ahead of time is the sauce. This is best when fresh and will make the dish complete.
Spinach is a common vegetable in this recipe, but the opportunities are endless here.
Many people have also added sun-dried tomatoes or cherry tomatoes for extra flavor and substance. It's completely up to your taste and preference.
- Start by boiling your pasta water and preparing the salmon. You can prepare it any way you like. Some of the best ways are in a frying pan, in the oven, or the air fryer.
- Be sure to season your salmon with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like. Garlic powder and Italian seasoning are some other staple seasonings. You can also add some olive oil if you want it to crisp up a bit more.
- Once your pasta water is boiled, cook your pasta according to the package directions and set it aside.
- When you've cooked your salmon and pasta, you're ready to cook the sauce. Grab a large skillet pan and cook your garlic in the butter. Use low or medium heat to make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer, and then add the parmesan cheese. Stir together until it makes a creamy sauce. Add some more ground pepper and the parsley to taste.
- Add your spinach to the sauce and cook until wilted. Depending on your preference, you can add as little or as much spinach as you like. This is also where you would add in any other vegetables you might want.
- Once the sauce is complete, add the salmon and pasta. Toss with the sauce until everything is combined.
- Serve with some fresh parsley and parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Cooking with Pasta: Why You Should Use Handmade Pasta
Handmade pasta is a staple to any authentic Italian food. If you want to do it right, this is the way to go.
Compared to store-bought boxed pasta, handmade pasta often comes from family-owned businesses backed by years of love and tradition.
You can always ensure that these products use the freshest and most authentic ingredients. The key ingredient to handmade pasta is egg, which gives it a unique and fresh taste.
This also means that there is more nutritional value that you wouldn't get otherwise. The egg gives extra protein and other nutrients that you can't find in boxed pasta.
Although the experience alone of making homemade pasta is unlike anything else, we know that life gets busy and you might not always have time for that.
That's what we're here for! We have handmade pasta ready to buy for any dish you're preparing. The best part is that you'll still get that authentic, Italian taste but with less effort.
Dagostino Pasta: Bringing Families Together
This salmon pasta recipe is the perfect recipe for any family dinner or date night with a loved one.
We truly believe that cooking for important people in your life is one of the biggest acts of love you can display. It can be so rewarding to enjoy a meal you prepared with the people you love the most.
We hope that you'll incorporate our handmade pasta into your special moments. We come from a long history of family tradition, and we've carried that with us through every product that you see on our site.
If you love this recipe and are looking for more, visit our recipe collection to keep the love of food and family going. We hope you enjoy and happy cooking!