As the summer comes to an end and the new school year approaches, parents find themselves on a mission to prepare quick and nutritious meals that will satisfy their children's taste buds. One timeless classic that never fails to impress is Mac and Cheese – a comforting dish loved by kids and adults alike. In this article, we'll explore one mouthwatering and easy-to-make Mac and Cheese recipe that's perfect for a classic back-to-school meal. Read on to keep your little ones excited for lunchtime!
- ½ bag (8 ounce) Dagostino shaped pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp dry mustard (this can be omitted)
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more if desired
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook Dagostino shaped pasta in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm or "al dente", this is usually 3-5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in milk slowly, while stirring continuously. Add dry mustard and ½ teaspoon salt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbling, about 4 minutes. (Please be sure to not burn your milk - reduce heat if needed.)
- Turn the heat off and add Cheddar cheese. Stir until melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and fold into cheese sauce until well coated.
- Serve hot with a cheesy smile.
When it comes to preparing back-to-school meals, this Easy and Cheesy Mac recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Packed with cheesy goodness, Mac and Cheese will make your kids look forward to lunchtime and keep them energized throughout their busy school days. So, try out this simple and satisfying recipe, and watch your little ones indulge in this delightful Dagostino twist on the classic Mac and Cheese. Happy cooking!